We are happy to resume classes in our 900-square-foot classroom. If you prefer private lessons, we can arrange that too. Just drop by or call the shop at (401) 337-5578. Masks are required.
- This event has passed.
Novelty Cables with Olga (intermediate)
May 13 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
May 13, 2:00 to 5:00 pm | $100 | Registration required
Renowned author, knitwear designer, and instructor Olga Buraya-Kefelian will be traveling to our shop to teach two classes, Novelty Cables, an intermediate class, and Modular Knit Shawl, which is beginner level.
We all love the look of cabled knits but some of them can be quite complex to execute! In this class, you will be presented with 5 other novel options for creating cables using other than the traditional technique! Students will be presented with a new accessory pattern to make using one of these techniques!
Skills needed: knowing how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off.
● Various cast on methods and their benefits
● Ways of picking up stitches on purl side and work welts
● Different methods for achieving 3D look of cables using 5 methods
● How to perform several methods of cable decreases
● Tips and suggestions on when to use all of these techniques in knitwear
● 2-3 colors of 200 yds of worsted weight yarn for swatching
● US 6 (4 mm) needle
● US 7 (4.5 mm) needle
● Double pointed needles in sizes US 4 (3.5 mm) and 5 (3.75 mm)
● Crochet Hook Size F or G
● Tapestry needle
Max. students: 20